Click for News Update: tweetsTrove

transCurrents Home

Future Chief Minister Muthuhettigama Wants to Kiss Actress Candidate Anarkali Akarsha

By Sajeewa Wijeweera

Galle District UPFA candidate Nishantha Muthuhettigama who ran into trouble with fellow candidate film star Anarkali Akarsha last week said that when he saw Anarkali’s face he felt like grabbing and kissing her rather than throwing a bomb.

“Anarkali took me to court. She does not know about the discipline in the party.”

Speaking at a press conference he said: “Anarkali ‘nangi’ also does not know about me. Either get friendly with me or else I will not allow her to come near Galle.

AnarkaliAkarshaTC0920.jpg

Anarkali Akarsha

That is my way. I have not met this small girl yet. If she sits next to me for an hour she will be like a baby mouse”.

He charged that the police had attacked him near the Galle bus terminus while on his way home from the Galle court.

“I cannot move my legs and hand due to the attack. My watch, gold chain and my wedding ring are lost after the attack,” he alleged.

He added that the police service was corrupt and once elected to the provincial council he would take steps to ‘clean up’ the system.

“I am with the President. He should also know about these things. Persons in the Presidential Security Division who came to Udugama last week were attacking us.

Sixteen jeeps came. I say this with responsibility. They belonged to the Presidential Security Division."

He said that he would reveal the ‘naked truth’ about the police.

Noting that he would sit on the ‘Big Chair’ of the Southern PC, Mr. Muthuhettigama further said that the next Chief Minister of the Province is capable of ‘shooting with both hands’.

“I was a school cadet. My school has all those records. Except Chief Minister Pillayan the next Chief Minister of the South would be able to shoot with both hands.

But I would not shoot anyone,” he said.

He said that the UPFA would win Galle district and even the President would vote in the south to make him the Chief Minister.

“We know his pulse. We know how he works,” he said.

[courtesy: the daily mirror.lk]

17 Comments

Let the show begin

Posted by: Roshan | September 20, 2009 08:57 PM

wow

Posted by: Anonymous | September 20, 2009 08:58 PM

Buddy. remember one thing which is not even preached in the Harved School of Business. Learn to swim with the current. If you swim against it, you'll definitely get drowned. Be practical and come to the reality. Keep your mouth shut and swim with the tide if you wish to survive.

Posted by: Lucky | September 20, 2009 11:05 PM

Doesn't he need psychiatric treatment soon?

Posted by: paul | September 20, 2009 11:47 PM

More likely the kiss of death.

Posted by: Citizen | September 20, 2009 11:52 PM

IT IS BETTER GALL DISTRICT PEOPLE ELECT THIS GIRL.... RATHER THAN STATE APPROVED AND LICENSED THUG!!!!!

Posted by: Aruna | September 21, 2009 01:39 AM

Can you ask this use less Anarkali to go back to her business? She good in something not in politics ummmmmmmmmmmma

Posted by: Anonymous | September 21, 2009 02:49 AM

Look at this guy who wants to be the Chief Minster. He says

1 I want to kiss Anarkali Akarsha, which is not suitable for a minister

2 I do not allow Anarkali to come close to Galle
3 He would shoot with both hands.

I can imagine if he is selected he would do like Mera Silva.

Why is the President allow these people to do politics from SLFP. If we do not create Thug Politicians, another eelam war would not that far.

Posted by: Lalith | September 21, 2009 03:27 AM

We all as Sri Lankans would love to see our beautifull country heading towards the right direction after having defeated the Ealam war with our brave Soldiers under the leadership of RAJAPAKSAs and 4 great Commanders..! If so why can't we find few more people with EDUCATION and KNOWLEDGE to go to the the Parliment RATHER than giving this useless stupid idiots..like filmstars & Thugs..? This is mistake..don't support these characters ..Oneday our Parliment will be a NADAGANG MADUWA..!

Posted by: Niganta | September 21, 2009 04:02 AM

SO MANY PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN KISSING ANARKALLI.ARE YOU ONE OF THEM..SORRY ....SHE DOES NOT LIKE TO KISS ANYBODY WHO DOES NOT HELP HER

Posted by: jayathilaka | September 21, 2009 04:33 AM

Nangi will attract the S.Modayas Votes - as their
Votes are worthy of Modaya cult.

Posted by: Ardneham | September 21, 2009 05:49 AM

This is beatiful. Vibrant and intelligent young pretty women and brave young men in Sri Lankan politics. They are absolutely honest about their feelings and intentions. It is commendable and admirable that he even pledged upfront that he wont shoot anybody (even if he could - with both hands) Under the wing of great people like them, the future of Sri Lanka can only be better than ever. Lets teach the rest of the world another lesson as to how to engage in politics.

Posted by: RKR | September 21, 2009 06:26 AM

This is a good example of the highly macho attitudes of many of our so-called leaders.
I have problems with Anarkali entering politics, because as an SL citizen, I have doubts about her suitability for poltical responsibility, and her education in politics and government. But I welcome her entry into a largely male-dominated sector.

This man is condemning Anarkali simply because the latter is a woman, a pretty woman at that. A young and beautiful woman can only be the 'escort' girl of a powerful male politician. If that woman is given key powers, these male politicians will be unwilling to accept that. Well, Mr Mutuhettigama definitely does not live in the 21st century, and is a man with a highly macho attitude, no respect for principles of parity, which are at the heart of democratic governance in contemporary political discourses.

Therefore, I sincrely appeal to my countrymen(and women of course) in southern Sri Lanka to not to vote for this man. If you have the same doubts as me as Anarkali, the best interest for our Nation is to nullify your valuable vote (the most powerful arm of the citizens of a democracy).

Posted by: Oshadee Nirmala Iddamalgoda | September 21, 2009 07:29 AM

What a Distraction!

Anarkali is the Paris Hilton of Sri Lanka....

Posted by: Devinda Fernando | September 21, 2009 12:55 PM

Anarkali is every man's dream be it old or young. Long live our Anarkali in the big silver screen and big and please say no to politics.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 23, 2009 10:20 PM

Devinda,

This bird has been in the wrong side of the news from age 15. She lodged a case that Ranjan R raped her and that prime-cut said in reply it was consensual. Her affair with Duminda S, that beef-cake of the WPC, was a public sordid l'affaire with kidnaps, mafiosi-abductions, Police visits, JAIC Hilton hiedouts etc., while keeping Mangala S - the Leftie, happy in the meantime. The name Anarkali Akarsha is neither Persian nor Punjabi/Rajasthani.

Unless, of course, her mother was crazy about the old Nageswara Rao movie "Anarkali" that made many a young Tamils-Telugus weep for Savitri in the 1950s. Are the voters in the heartland of Ruhunu-rata nuts to tolerate a mixed up creature like this.

The tough Mutuhettigama is now condemned to phychiatric treatment. What the heck is happening to those gallant people in Dutugemunu's (the original) own land to cough out vermin like this for leadership? I think you are miles ahead of this lot for CM/SPC except that you are holed up in a ReHab in the West.

ISS